Friday, August 28, 2009

Basel



Basel was fabulous! As I wondered around the Old Town, I felt as if I was in a fairy tale...except for crazy moped drivers who have no problem driving on the sidewalks..well driving anywhere they can maneuver to get through traffic. You learn to pay attention and to KEEP MOVING! The weather was perfect...warm, sunny, absolutely lovely. I took the train from Stein to Basel, very easy. The train station in Basel was pretty big, but I had no problem finding my way around. I left the station and walked pretty much non-stop all day. I saw the munster (dating from the 11th century) and pfalz (plaza), basler rathaus (town hall-built in 1501, pictured on left), the Rhine, the museum Tinguely, the Elizabethen (gorgeous cathedral!), and so many beautiful buildings, statues, fountains.....I took almost 400 pictures! Wish I had more time to share right now, but my internet time is limited. I'll post more when I can.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME. How beautiful. How fun. I Love It, and I Love You!!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!! Hugs to N. (did I just say that???)

    ReplyDelete